Asbestos Surveyor and Analyst
Salary: £26000- £29000 per year
Job type: Permanent- Full time
We are looking for experienced Asbestos Surveyor and Analyst. The core role will be site based (throughout Scotland), where you will be undertaking asbestos management and refurbishment surveys and air monitoring for our clients.
The mix of our surveying work includes domestic as well as commercial properties.
Duties and responsibilities of the role will include but will not be limited to the following:
• To undertake management and refurbishment surveys, take bulk samples and provide clearly presented and well written site notes on the tablet. To provide advice to clients ancillary to the survey. Facilitate and oversee removal works where required.
• To provide asbestos analytical services to clients, including air monitoring, fibre counting.
• To be up to date with asbestos legislation, guidance and industry best practice including UKAS accreditation and quality management arrangements, and to comply with internal and external quality audit obligations.
• To meet all legal obligations required to be met by the company as a provider of asbestos related services and an employer
• To take personal responsibility for maintaining technical expertise and an awareness of current issues in the sector.
• To be up to date with relevant legislation including Health and Safety.
• To support the business by working flexibly and responsively from the company’s office or from clients sites as required.
• To be proactive to ensure that work is delivered on time by all areas of the business.
• To proactively engage in the training and development provided by the company
• To carry out other such duties as may be reasonably required.
To facilitate your role, you will be provided with a fully equipped mobile laboratory (van) for your use while on site undertaking either surveys or air monitoring.
Personal specification and requirements-
We are looking for experienced P402 /P403/ P404 qualified Asbestos Surveyor / Analyst with a minimum of 2 years practical experience, within a UKAS accredited organisation.
We use Tracker software on tablets to manage our Asbestos field processes, so prior knowledge of this will be advantageous although not essential as full training will be provided. However you will need to be computer literate and have knowledge of Microsoft applications.
You must be able to demonstrate a keen eye for detail and a proven track record for working to multiple deadlines under your own initiative.